I can't believe we have been engaged for 6 months now, and the wedding is only 100 days away! It has flown by. We have gotten so much done in the past 6 months, and now I feel like it's about getting all the details together.
We've signed contracts with all of the main vendors; Resort, Bakery, Catering, DJ, Florist, Photographer, etc. & We are actually going to San Diego next weekend to meet with most of them. We planned a trip to go and do food & cake tastings (this might be my fav part), meet with our florist, and then our DJ. I'm super excited to have a little weekend away, see the location again, and do some more planning.
We have been getting things done around here! We've picked out and purchased both mine & Kevin's wedding band, which was super exciting. Bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen suits are already bought as well. Another thing that we are excited about is who will be performing the ceremony. A couple of months back we kind of joked with Brian about marrying us, and he said he would totally do it. After realizing our pastor at our church wouldn't be able to perform the ceremony in CA, we thought we would take Brian up on his offer. We asked him if he would be serious about getting ordained and marrying us, and HE SAID YES! He already got ordained, and we will beginning the process of how we want the ceremony done. We are all ecstatic that he was willing to do it, and that we will have someone that has the same beliefs as us, and knows us on more of a personal level, to marry us. Amy told us a couple weeks ago that he asked her to DVR the bachelorette wedding, so he could get some tips from Chris Harrison! :)
We are getting ready to make our invites and have them sent out in the next couple weeks, so we can start getting RSVPs. As most of you know by now our wedding will be on the smaller side, and more intimate. It's not that we don't want certain people there, or a big giant wedding wasn't enticing but when we decided on San Diego for the location we thought it was best to keep the guest list to a minimum. One thing we do plan on doing is having a get together after we get married, maybe this summer, for the people that couldn't come. We still would like to be able to celebrate with the friends, all the cousins, extended family, etc. So as soon as we figure something out, we will be sure to let everyone know.
We have been doing some other stuff besides wedding planning too! Kevin finished his masters degree at the beginning of December and received his diploma in the mail a couple weeks ago. I am so proud of him, and happy that he took the opportunity he had working at University of Phoenix to continue his schooling. I don't think he's even told one person that he got it, but I'm constantly telling just about everyone we see that he has his MBA. :) I've been continuing my volunteer work through our church. Once a month I help lead our volunteer team at Market on the Move, and every Sunday I volunteer in the toddler room for one of the services. I've also been doing lots of crafting & sewing lately. Kevin continues to work out like crazy, and I swear I'm going to start again sometime soon ;) We also have time to squeeze in some date nights, a Blackhawks game, visits with friends, etc.
One last thing that has been going on with me, I've finally figured out the stomach issues I've been having for the last two years or more. I went to a specialist and found out that I have a bacteria that's called H-Pylori. It basically causes inflammation, nausea, bloating (like crazy), ulcers, (&the list goes on). Once I was diagnosed I went on a crazy 10-day regimen of 14 pill a day antibiotics. For the most part I feel a lot better, but I still have some lasting effects; discomfort, inflammation,bloating,etc. The Dr. said that these can last for a while after the actual bacteria is gone, so I'm still on one prescription. I'm just glad Rick & Kevin finally pushed me to go the Dr. & get this figured out.
Besides that, everything has been great so far this year. I can't believe the first month of 2013 is already over. I'm so excited to see what the rest of the year has in store for us. I'm, of course, super excited for our wedding, but even more excited to be married :)
January 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loooooove the update! And Oh my gosh...I didn't know about your stomach! I'm so glad there's an end in sight! Congrats KEVIN!!! Seriously? MBA? I would be shouting it from my roof top! lol So excited to be a part of your wedding! See you soooooon!!!
ReplyDelete