July 29, 2012

Best Day Of My Life

...So Far.

July 28th, 2012

Earlier in the week Kev had told me that he wanted to have a date day this weekend.  I was all on board, and excited about it.  Saturday started like any other day... I slept in a little bit because we had watched Cam & Crew the night before. When I woke up, I asked Kev what the plans were for the day. We decided to do run some errands and just have a relaxing day. While I was getting ready I asked him if I had to dress up for dinner or if we were going to do something casual. He said casual, and then told me that we were going to have dinner in our apt. He said that he wanted to try and make sushi!

We had been talking about trying to make sushi for a while, and thought it would be a good idea. So we added that to the list of errands. We got Maddux a new toy at Petsmart (almost got a new kitten!), got all the ingredients for sushi, stopped and did a wine tasting and got sake for dinner, and stopped at some other stores before heading back to our apartment. While we were driving around I told Kev that we had to write in our two books that we have.  I got him 2 books this last Valentine's Day, one was totally blank and one is called "The Book of Us".  The book of us, has writing prompts that talk about how you started dating, all the way into your marriage and kids. I told Kev I wanted to start writing our "Love Story" in the blank one, since it was still blank! When we got back we got straight to making sushi. We made a couple different rolls, crab rangoon, miso soup, and some other stuff.





We sat down and ate our delicious meal, I must say the sushi turned out a lot better than I thought it would be!   After cleaning up our mess, we sat down to start writing in our books.  Kev wrote in the prompted one, and I started writing in the blank one.  He started acting a little weird and kept reading over my shoulder. He finally said can I see what you have so far, you can read what I have. So he closed the book and gave it to me.  We switched books, and I tried to find one of the pages he was writing on. I found it and read it and he got off the couch and got down on one knee.

 the two books.
the page I flipped to & read. 

I immediately started to shake & tear up, I also said "you better not be joking".  The rest was a bit of a blur, but I started nodding. Then there was a lot of hugging and some smooches!  We both said it was kind of a blur, but luckily Kev had thought of everything. He had leaned the iPad against the couch and recorded the whole thing!  That man thinks of everything!  I was (& still am) on cloud nine!
*obviously had been crying! lol...but SO happy :)

Then all the phone calls began! Amy, Brian, & the kids stopped by to congratulate us and then we headed to the store to get some Champagne! We continued making calls and telling everyone the exciting news, I feel like I wanted to tell everyone I knew. After all that we spent the rest of the night relaxing and listening to all of our favorite songs and drinking champs! I didn't want the day to end! It took me about 2 hours to fall asleep, because I was so happy and my mind was racing! LOL.  

Today I woke up thinking it was all a dream & my cheeks hurt from smiling so much! I went to church and showed off my rock & told everyone the story!  We ran some errands and then went over to ABCs for Sunday dinner!  Except this Sunday dinner was special, it turned out to be a congratulatory dinner.  We had Portillos (via my Mom, Rick & Dan), and then ate cake & drank champs thanks to ABC!  It was the perfect ending to the weekend.  

 Perfection ( I cannot stop staring at it)
 The Man of My Dreams
 Cloud 9
Yummy Cake...Thanks Sis!

Just about 5 years ago, our Love Story Started...and this is still just the beginning!  I can't wait to see what our future holds, and spending the rest of my life with the greatest man I know.  

Now as I write this, Aladdin is playing in the background while Kev & Maddux sleep on the couch next to me.  I wouldn't change anything about it and I thank God every day for my life & all of the blessings in it.  

Thank you to everyone that has encouraged our relationship and been any part of our growing L.O.V.E! We love every single one of you! Goodnight & Sweet Dreams <3

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet! We are so excited for you and for Kevin to become an "offical" member of our family! We can't wait to celebrate with you! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete