January 07, 2014

8 Months since we said "I DO"

(I honestly wrote this post back in August, and I'm finally getting around to posting it!)

So, I know this happens everytime I update the blog but I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. & Oh how much has changed since then. In March I was posting about our wedding website and booking rooms at the hotel.  All about the wedding.  Well the wedding has come & gone, and was it amazing!

A little bit about our wedding story...
We decided to rent a van for the drive out there because it wasn't just me and Kevin in the car, my mom came along for the ride as well.  And we had A LOT of wedding stuff to transport. Including our amazing cranes.  I mentioned before that we were working on origami cranes for our wedding and was that an interesting obstacle to get them in the car without wrecking them and transport them to California.  We got to San Diego a couple days early so Kevin could spend some time with his family at the beach house they rented, we could finalize some paperwork, and me & my mom could hang out with Amy & the whole crew at their beach house rental.  We got some details finished, saw friends & family, ate a lot of great food, relaxed, and before we knew it, it was Friday the day of the rehearsal.

 

Kevin & I went our separate ways on Friday and tried to see as many people as possible. That meant laying out by the pool for me with some friends & family.  While Kevin went golfing with some of them men.  It was beautiful outside while we enjoyed our last full day of singleness.  That afternoon the wedding party and families met on the lawn to do a couple of run throughs of the ceremony, and then we headed to the rehearsal dinner at this amazing BBQ place in San Diego...Phils BBQ. But not so fast...we had an issue with the taxis picking us up, and ended up being about 30 min late to our own rehearsal dinner.  I can't believe everyone waited for us to eat, and soon after arriving Kevin gave a toast before we chowed down!  Everything was delicious :) After we closed the place down, we jammed in to my cousin Ryan's car and headed back to the hotel.  Kevin & I kissed each other (& our single lives) goodbye as we parted ways to our separate rooms.
                                  
  
The next morning me and the girls woke up bright & early to head down to the beach for a relaxing yoga session lead by my cousin Michelle. Our amazing photorapher came to the room bright and early to catch some of our calming yoga moves on the sand.  A little while later Kevin and the boys headed down to docks, rented paddleboards, and went out on the water for some relaxing fun with his boys.  From their on we got ready with makeup, hair, and moving rooms to the bridal suite.  Then around 3 o'clock Betheny & Amy (our amazing photographers) found the perfect location for Kevin & I to have our "first look photos" taken.  We went back and forth on deciding if we wanted to do this, and I'm so glad we did. The pictures turned out great and it put us all at ease for the rest of the day.  We then got carted around from spot to spot taking tons of breathtaking photos. By the time it was time for the ceremony we were all ready!  I was way more calm than I had originally pictured myself. I'm not sure if it was the morning yoga, being surrounded by all of our loving supportive family & friends, or just knowing that I was about to marry the man of my dreams but I was just at ease and stress free the whole day.




At 5:29 I stood at the end of the bridge arm & arm with my dad, while people fixed my dress and veil waiting to walk down the aisle to my future husband. I held back the tears hoping I wouldn't mess up my makeup if I did shed a couple tears. But as I rounded the corner and Kevin came in to focus my eyes filled up seeing the tears of joy streaming down his face.  All thoughts of makeup or looking like an "ugly crier" disappeared as I just took in the moment.  I couldn't help but notice so many smiling faces, as I took the last couple steps to the front of the aisle.

Brian performed our ceremony, and it was amazing.  I heard so many great things from our guests about how awesome Brian did, and I don't think we could've picked a better officiant.


After a few more pictures we joined the rest of the guests for the end of cocktail hour, and then were introduced as the new


MR & MRS KEVIN LUNDEEN

We had our first dance, followed by the father daughter dance & mother son dance.  Then we proceeded to eat the most amazing dinner ever.  Even thinking about it now makes my mouth water.  I can't wait to have that amazing lobster bisque again someday!  Then there were the toasts, which were nothing short of amazing.  Amy had a happy, and sentimental toast with a little touch of lotto thrown in. (lucky # SEVIN)  Dad had a loving and caring toast welcoming Kevin & his family in to our family.  & Kenny had a funny toast/ game for Kevin & Me to play :)






After we all gobbled up our dinner it was time to DANCE ! & Dancing is what we did all night long.  I think every single person was on the dance floor at some point during the night, which is exactly what we hoped for!  We all danced, hugged, drank, ate cake, laughed, cried, took photos, etc Until we were kicked out :)







At the end of the night Kevin & I went through a tunnel of sparklers, lined with all of our favorite people, & got on to our golf cart ride, that took us to our amazing bridal suite.  Where we were met with a platter of chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne (I wish we would've kept), and some of our delicious wedding cake.




And we lived happily ever after...

No comments:

Post a Comment